Artadia has active awards programs in the following cities: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, and San Francisco. Awards are granted in participating cities on a rotating basis. Artadia Awards are $10,000 and are unrestricted. The award money can be used however the artist sees fit.
Artadia chooses to fund artists in cities that demonstrate a commitment to contemporary art. These cities are notable for:
• The active presence of local artists in the community.
• Art institutions recognized for innovative contemporary programming.
• A commercial art market that offers artists opportunities to show their work locally and at art fairs.
• Exemplary schools that prepare artists through undergraduate and graduate programs.
Artadia is now accepting applications for the 2016 Atlanta Awards from all visual artists who have lived and worked within the Greater Atlanta area for a minimum of two years. The 23 eligible counties are: Barrow, Bartow, Butts, Carroll, Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, Coweta, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, Hall, Henry, Morgan, Newton, Paulding, Pickens, Rockdale, Spalding, and Walton. Individual artists and collaboratives working in all visual media and at any stage in their career are strongly encouraged to apply. Awardees will be selected through a two-tiered jury process that employs a panel of prominent curators in the Fall of 2016. This is the fourth Atlanta Award cycle.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY:
October 1, 2016
To be eligible to apply for the 2016 Atlanta Artadia Awards, artists must fulfill the following requirements:
- Be a contemporary visual artist (making artwork for presentation in a contemporary art context: museum, galleries, arts non-profit, the public art realm, etc. Artadia does not fund filmmakers making films for distribution in cinematic venues).
- Live and work within Greater Atlanta.
- Have resided in Atlanta for a minimum of two years.
- Not currently be enrolled in an art-related degree program or long-term residency, nor be planning to attend an art-related degree program or long-term residency in the coming year.
- Not be related to Artadia staff or directors in any way.
- Have not received an Artadia Award or an award from The Art Council for $10,000 or more in the past.
APPLICATION REVIEW PROCESS
Artadia employs a rigorous two-tiered jury process that combines local expertise with outside perspective from leading national and international curators. A preliminary panel of national curators evaluates all submissions and selects five Award Finalists. A second panel of two curators based in the Award city will conduct studio visits with the five Finalists. Of the Finalists, the jurors will designate two Awardees to receive unrestricted funds of $10,000.
August 15 - October 1: Application open
Early October: Finalists notified
End of October/early November: Studio visits with Finalists
Early November: Atlanta Awardees announced
Fill out the application below to have your work considered for the 2016 Atlanta Artadia Awards.
Please allow yourself 48 hours to upload images and video. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Please direct any questions to email@example.com with the subject line "2016 Atlanta Awards Application". We will answer your questions as soon as possible. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.