Artadia has active awards programs in the following cities: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, New York and the San Francisco Bay Area. Awards are granted in participating cities on a rotating basis. Artadia Awards range from $5,000 to $20,000, and are unrestricted. The award money can be used however the artist sees fit.
Artadia chooses to fund artists in cities that demonstrate a commitment to contemporary art. These cities are notable for:
• The active presence of local artists in the community.
• Art institutions recognized for innovative contemporary programming.
• A commercial art market that offers artists opportunities to show their work locally and at art fairs.
• Exemplary schools that prepare artists through undergraduate and graduate programs.
Ends on 7/31/2015
Artadia: The Fund for Art and Dialogue is now accepting applications for the 2015 Chicago Artadia Awards from all visual artists who have lived and worked within Cook County, IL for two years or more. Individual artists and collaboratives working in all visual media and at any stage in their career are strongly encouraged to apply. Awardees will be selected through a two-tiered jury process that employs a panel of prominent curators and established artists in the late summer of 2015. A selection of work by the Awardees will be displayed at EXPO Chicago, September 17 - 20. This is the seventh Chicago Award cycle.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY: JULY 31st, 2015, 6 PM EST
To be eligible to apply for the 2015 Chicago Artadia Awards, artists must fulfill the following requirements:
- Be a contemporary visual artist (making artwork for presentation in a contemporary art context: museum, galleries, arts non-profit, the public art realm, etc. Artadia does not fund filmmakers making films for distribution in cinematic venues).
- Live and work within Cook County, IL
- Have resided in Chicago for at least two years prior to the application deadline.
- Not currently be enrolled in an art-related degree program, nor be planning to attend an art-related degree in the coming year.
- Not be related to Artadia staff or directors in any way.
- Have not received an Artadia Award or an award from The Art Council for $10,000 or more in the past.
Artadia Awards are given based on the merit of the work. Artadia does not fund projects.
APPLICATION REVIEW PROCESS
Artadia employs a rigorous two-tiered jury process that combines local expertise with outside perspective from leading national and international curators, artists and critics. A preliminary panel of curators and artists evaluates all submissions and selects 10 Award Finalists. A second panel of curators travels to the Award city and conducts studio visits with the 10 Finalists. From the Finalist pool, three to five winners will be selected to receive an award between $5,000 and $20,000.
TIMELINEMay 1 - July 31: Application open
Early August: Finalists notified
August 26 - August 28: Studio visits with finalists
Late August 2015: Chicago Awardees announced
September 17 - 20: A selection of work by the 2015 Awardees will be exhibited at EXPO Chicago
Please direct any questions to email@example.com with the subject line "2015 Chicago Awards Application". We will answer your questions as soon as possible. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.