Artadia has active awards programs in the following cities: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, New York and the San Francisco Bay Area. Awards are granted in participating cities on a rotating basis. Artadia Awards range from $5,000 to $20,000, and are unrestricted. The award money can be used however the artist sees fit.
Artadia chooses to fund artists in cities that demonstrate a commitment to contemporary art. These cities are notable for:
• The active presence of local artists in the community.
• Art institutions recognized for innovative contemporary programming.
• A commercial art market that offers artists opportunities to show their work locally and at art fairs.
• Exemplary schools that prepare artists through undergraduate and graduate programs.
Ends in 2 days, 16 hours
Artadia is now accepting applications for the 2016 Los Angeles Awards from all visual artists who have lived and worked within Los Angeles County, CA for two years or more. Individual artists and collaboratives working in all visual media and at any stage in their career are strongly encouraged to apply. Awardees will be selected through a two-tiered jury process that employs a panel of prominent curators and established artists in the winter of 2016. This is the 2nd Los Angeles Award cycle.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY:
February 15, 2016, 6:00 PM PST
- To be eligible to apply for the 2016 Los Angeles Artadia Awards, artists must fulfill the following requirements:
- Be a contemporary visual artist (making artwork for presentation in a contemporary art context: museum, galleries, arts non-profit, the public art realm, etc. Artadia does not fund filmmakers making films for distribution in cinematic venues).
- Live and work within Los Angeles County
- Have resided in Los Angeles County for at least two years prior to the application deadline.
- Not currently be enrolled in an art-related degree program or long-term residency, nor be planning to attend an art-related degree program or long-term residency in the coming year.
- Not be related to Artadia staff or directors in any way.
- Have not received an Artadia Award or an award from The Art Council for $10,000 or more in the past.
APPLICATION REVIEW PROCESS
Artadia employs a rigorous two-tiered jury process that combines local expertise with outside perspective from leading national and international curators, artists and critics. A preliminary panel of national curators and artists evaluates all submissions and selects five Award Finalists. A second panel of two curators based in the Award city will conduct studio visits with the five Finalists. Of the finalists, the jurors will designate two Awardees to receive unrestricted funds of $10,000.
January 1 - February 15: Application open
Middle of February: Finalists notified
February 22 - March 9: Studio visits with finalists
Early March: Los Angeles Awardees announced
See a preview of the application here.
Click "Submit" below to get started!
Please direct any questions to email@example.com with the subject line "2016 Los Angeles Awards Application". We will answer your questions as soon as possible. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.