Artadia has active awards programs in the following cities: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, New York and the San Francisco Bay Area. Awards are granted in participating cities on a rotating basis. Artadia Awards range from $5,000 to $20,000, and are unrestricted. The award money can be used however the artist sees fit.
Artadia chooses to fund artists in cities that demonstrate a commitment to contemporary art. These cities are notable for:
• The active presence of local artists in the community.
• Art institutions recognized for innovative contemporary programming.
• A commercial art market that offers artists opportunities to show their work locally and at art fairs.
• Exemplary schools that prepare artists through undergraduate and graduate programs.
Thank you for your interest in the current Artadia Award cycle. The New York Awards application is now open. We encourage all artists residing within the city's five boroughs to apply.
Ends on 4/15/2015
Artadia: The Fund for Art and Dialogue is now accepting applications for the 2015 New York Artadia Awards from all visual artists living and working throughout the five boroughs of New York City. Individual artists and collaboratives working in all visual media and at any stage in their career are strongly encouraged to apply. Awardees will be selected through a two-tiered jury process that employs a panel of prominent curators and established artists in the spring of 2015. This is the inaugural New York Award cycle.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY: APRIL 15th, 2015, 6 PM EST
To be eligible to apply for the 2015 New York Artadia Awards, artists must fulfill the following requirements:
- Be a contemporary visual artist (making artwork for presentation in a contemporary art context: museum, galleries, arts non-profit, the public art realm, etc. Artadia does not fund filmmakers making films for distribution in cinematic venues).
- Live and work in one of the five New York City boroughs: Brooklyn, Bronx, Manhattan, Staten Island, Queens
- Have resided in New York City for at least two years prior to the application deadline.
- Not currently be enrolled in an art-related degree program, nor be planning to attend an art-related degree in the coming year.
- Not be related to Artadia staff or directors in any way.
- Have not received an Artadia Award or an award from The ArtCouncil for $10,000 or more in the past.
Artadia Awards are given based on the merit of the work. Artadia does not fund projects.
APPLICATION REVIEW PROCESS
Artadia employs a rigorous two-tiered jury process that combines local expertise with outside perspective from leading national and international curators, artists and critics. A preliminary panel of curators and artists evaluates all submissions and selects 10 Award Finalists. A second panel of curators travels to the Award city and conducts studio visits with the 10 Finalists. From the Finalist pool, three to five winners will be selected to receive an award between $5,000 and $20,000.
TIMELINEFebruary 1, 2015 - April 15, 2015: Application open
Late April 2015: Finalists notified
Late May 2015: Studio visits with finalists
May 2015: New York Awardees announced
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "2015 New York Awards Application". We will answer your questions as soon as possible. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.