Artadia: The Fund for Art and Dialogue
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Artadia: The Fund for Art and Dialogue is now accepting applications for the 2014 Artadia Award Atlanta from all visual artists living and working in the 23-county Greater Atlanta area. Individual artists and collaboratives working in all media and at any point in their career are strongly encouraged to apply. Awardees will be selected in the spring of 2014 through Artadia’s two-tiered jury process. This is the third Artadia Award cycle in Greater Atlanta.
In this online application, you will be asked to submit: a CV, a statement about your work, and samples of your work. Eight digital images and/or 5 minutes of Video/Media/Sound are required to complete your application. You do not have to finish the online application all at once; you can login and out as often as you wish before submitting. Remember to save your work after you make any edits to your application.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY: MARCH 23, 2014, Midnight ESTELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
To be eligible to apply for an Artadia Award in Greater Atlanta, artists must fulfill the following requirements:
- Be a contemporary visual artist (making artwork for presentation in a contemporary art context: museum, galleries, arts non-profit, the public art realm, etc. Artadia does not fund filmmakers making films for distribution in cinematic venues).
- Live and work in one of the following counties in the Greater Atlanta area: Barrow, Bartow, Butts, Carroll, Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, Coweta, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, Hall, Henry, Morgan, Newton, Paulding, Pickens, Rockdale, Spalding, and Walton.
- Have resided in the Greater Atlanta area for at least one year prior to the application deadline.
- Not be currently enrolled in an art-related degree program, nor planning to attend an art-related degree in the coming year.
- Not be related to Artadia staff or directors in any way.
- Have not received an Artadia Award or an award from The ArtCouncil for $10,000 or more in the past.
Artadia Awards are given based on the merit of the work. Artadia does not fund projects.
APPLICATION REVIEW PROCESS
Artadia employs a rigorous two-tiered jury process that combines local expertise with outside perspective from leading national and international curators, artists and critics. A preliminary panel of curators and artists evaluates all submissions and selects 10 Finalists. A second panel of curators travels to the Award city and conducts studio visits with the 10 Finalists. From the Finalist pool, 5 winners will be selected to receive an award of $3,000 or $15,000.
TIMELINEDecember 15, 2013-March 15, 2015: Application open
March 2014: Finalists notified
April 2014: Studio visits with finalists
May 2014: 201 Artadia Atlanta Awardees announced
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "2014 Atlanta Awards Application". We will answer your questions as soon as possible. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.